B7 - Prof. Dr. Hartmut Oschkinat
You are here:
B7: Structural investigations of modules involved in protein homeostasis
The α-crystallin and Hsp70/40/110 modules are required to maintain protein homeostasis in cells; dysfunctions lead to disease. Research on αB crystallin focuses on the structural properties of functional complexes and the activation mechanism. First experiments on the Hsp70/40/110 module will address the structures of Hsp40/J-proteins in complex with Hsp70 and Hsp110. Furthermore the DNP technology will be applied to investigate nascent chains in arrested ribosomes and their interactions with the signal recognition particle (SRP). On the long run, the attachment of the ribosome/SRP complex to the membrane will be studied.
- Authors:Kingsley, CN, Brubaker, WD, Markovic, S, Diehl, A, Brindley, AJ, Oschkinat, H and Martin, RW
Journal:Structure Year:2013; Volume:21Issue:(12):Pages:2221-7.
Title:Preferential and Specific Binding of Human αB-Crystallin to a Cataract-Related Variant of γS-Crystallin
- Authors:Shahid, SA, Markovic, S, Linke, D and van Rossum, B-JJournal:Sci Rep Year:2012; Volume:2:Pages:803.
- Authors:Jacso, T., Franks W.T., Rose, H., Fink, U, Broecker, J., Keller, S., Oschinat, H., Reif, B.
Journal:Angew Chem Int Ed Engl Year:2012; Volume:51Issue:(2):Pages:432-5.
Title:Characterization of membrane proteins in isolated native cellular membranes by dynamic nuclear polarization solid-state NMR spectroscopy without purification and reconstitution
- Authors:Shahid S.A., Bardiaux B., Franks, W.T., Krabben, L. Habeck, M., van Rossum, B.J., Linke, D.Journal:Nat Methods Year:2012; :Pages:doi: 10.1038/nmeth.2248.
- Authors:Lange, S., Linden, A.H., Akbey, Ü., Franks W.T., Loening, N.M., van Rossum, B.J., Oschkinat, H.Journal:J Magn Reson Year:2012; Volume:217:Pages:77-85.
- Authors:Lewandowski, JR, Dumez, JN, Akbey, U, Lange, S, Emsley, L and Oschkinat, H
Journal:J Phys Chem Lett Year:2011; Volume:131Issue:(1):Pages:2-3.
Title:Enhanced resolution and coherence lifetimes in the solid-state NMR spectroscopy of perdeuterated proteins under ultrafast magic-angle spinning
- Authors:Linden, A.H., Lange, S. Franks, W.T., Akbey, U., Specker, E, van Rossum, B.J., Oschkinat, H.
Journal:J Am Chem Soc Year:2011; Volume:133Issue:(48):Pages:19266-9.
Title:Neurotoxin II bound to acetylcholine receptors in native membranes studied by dynamic nuclear polarization NMR
- Authors:Linser R, Dasari M, Hiller M, Higman V, Fink U, Lopez del Amo JM, Markovic S, Handel L, Kessler B, Schmieder P, Oesterhelt D, Oschkinat H, Reif BJournal:Angew Chem Int Ed Engl Year:2011; Volume:50Issue:(19):Pages:4508-12.