B1 - Prof. Dr. Erich Wanker / Prof. Dr. Udo Heinemann
You are here:
B1: Functional and Structural Characterization of Heterotetrameric p97/ASPL complexes
The AAA+ ATPase p97 is a molecular machine with diverse cellular functions. We have demonstrated that the adaptor protein ASPL unexpectedly converts p97 hexamers into functional p97:ASPL hetero-tetramers. Now we plan to identify proteins that specifically associate with p97:ASPL heterotetramers by quantitative MS-based proteomics methods and to investigate the molecular mechanisms by which p97:ASPL complexes maintain the Golgi structure and localization in mammalian cells. To complement the functional studies we plan to examine the formation of p97:ASPL heterotetramers and the binding of ligand proteins to these complexes using biochemical and structural methods.
- Authors:Fujita, K, Nakamura, Y, Oka, T, Ito, H, Tamura, T, Tagawa, K, Sasabe, T, Katsuta, A, Motoki, K, Shiwaku, H, Sone, M, Yoshida, C, Katsuno, M, Eishi, Y, Murata, M, Taylor, JP, Wanker, EE, Kono, K, Tashiro, S, Sobue, G, La Spada, MR, and Okazawa, H
Journal:Nat Commun 4 Year:2013; Volume:4:Pages:1816.
Title:A functional deficiency of TERA/VCP/p97 contributes to impaired DNA repair in multiple polyglutamine diseases
- Authors:Weimann, M, Grossmann, A, Woodsmith, J, Özkan, Z, Birth, P, Meierhofer, D, Benlasfer, N, Valovka, T, Timmermann, B, Wanker, EE, Sauer, S, and Stelzl, UJournal:Nat Methods Year:2013; Volume:10Issue:(4):Pages:339-42.
- Authors:Hanna, J, Schütz, A, Zimmermann, F, Behlke, J, Sommer, T., and Heinemann, U
Journal:J Biol Chem Year:2012; Volume:287:Pages: 8633-8640.
Title:Structural and biochemical basis of Yos9 protein dimerization and possible contribution to self-association of 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A reductase degradation ubiquitin-ligase complex
- Authors:Suter, B and Wanker, EE
Journal:Methods Mol Biol Year:2012; Volume:812:Pages:v-vi.
Title:The investigation of binary PPIs with the classical yeast two-hybrid (Y2H) approach, Y2H variants, and other in vivo methods for PPI mapping
- Authors:Petrakis S, Raskó T, Russ J, Friedrich RP, Stroedicke M, Riechers SP, Muehlenberg K, Möller A, Reinhardt A, Vinayagam A, Schaefer MH, Boutros M, Tricoire H, Andrade-Navarro MA, Wanker EE
Journal:PLoS Genet Year:2012; Volume:8:Pages:e1002897. doi: 10.1371.
Title:Identification of human proteins that modify misfolding and proteotoxicity of pathogenic ataxin-1