A6 - Prof. Dr. Juri Rappsilber
You are here:
A6: Structural basis of translation control in eukaryotic 80S ribo-somes by phosphorylation of eS6
As part of the SFB 740 we aim to determine the mechanism by which eS6 phosphorylation influences target-mRNA selection of ribosomes. As further reaching hypothesis we will probe if and how translation is governed by eS6-tail modification patterns (or a simple on/off mechanism), i.e. if there is a ribosomal equivalent to CTD control of transcription or the histone code hypothesis. This would highlight a similarity of regulation between translation and transcription and have huge impact on our understanding of translational control. Moreover, with quantitative cross-linking/mass spectrometry (CLMS) and high-resolution CLMS we introduce technologies to protein assemblies that will allow probing a broad range of mechanistic questions in other research projects of this consortium, specifically Project A4, M. Wahl, Project B5, T. Sommer and Project C7, O. Daumke.
- Authors:Fischer L, Chen ZA, Rappsilber JJournal:J Proteomics Year:2013; Volume:88:Pages:120-8.
- Authors:Lauber MA1, Rappsilber J, Reilly JP
Journal:Mol Cell Proteomics Year:2012; Volume:11Issue:(12):Pages:1965-76.
Title:Dynamics of ribosomal protein S1 on a bacterial ribosome with cross-linking and mass spectrometry
- Authors:Chen ZA1, Jawhari A, Fischer L, Buchen C, Tahir S, Kamenski T, Rasmussen M, Lariviere L, Bukowski-Wills JC, Nilges M, Cramer P, Rappsilber J
Journal:EMBO J Year:2010; Volume:29Issue:(4):Pages:717-26.
Title:Architecture of the RNA polymerase II-TFIIF complex revealed by cross-linking and mass spectrometry
- Authors:Ciferri C, Pasqualato S, Screpanti E, Varetti G, Santaguida S, Dos Reis G, Maiolica A, Polka J, De Luca JG, De Wulf P, Salek M, Rappsilber J, Moores CA, Salmon ED, Musacchio A
Journal:Cell Year:2008; Volume:133Issue:(3):Pages:427-39.
Title:Implications for kinetochore-microtubule attachment from the structure of an engineered Ndc80 complex
- Authors:Maiolica A, Cittaro D, Borsotti D, Sennels L, Ciferri C, Tarricone C, Musacchio A, Rappsilber J
Journal:Mol Cell Proteomics Year:2007; Volume:6Issue:(12):Pages:2200-11.
Title:Structural analysis of multiprotein complexes by cross-linking, mass spectrometry, and database searching